Basil and Muriel Hooper Scholarship
Applications now open
Closing date for applications Friday 30 August 2013
The Art Gallery of NSW awards an annual scholarship of $4000 to fine art students attending recognised universities or schools in New South Wales to assist with the cost of fees and general living expenses.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of full-time study. The scholarship is not available to any student currently holding another scholarship.
The scholarship is for an amount of up to $4000 to assist with the cost of fees and general living expenses.
- The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts, art history, curatorship, museum studies or a related discipline. Students must have completed one (1) full year of study at the time of application.
- Scholarships will be valued at $4000 payable in instalments due at the commencement of each term or semester.
- Applicants must not be currently receiving any other scholarship to support their course of study.
- Applicants must submit two (2) JPEG images of recent work. The images must be formatted into a PowerPoint presentation and burnt to a CD. Please format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size). Please make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. It is not compulsory to use this template. It is only a guide. Please save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2013’
- Applicants must submit a statement outlining why their financial circumstances are such that they warrant further financial assistance. Statements should be no more than one (1) page and may include a budget outlining how the scholarship is proposed to be used.
- All applicants must complete the application form and include a current CV. Please post your completed application form, CD with PowerPoint, project proposal, budget and current CV by 5pm Friday 30 August 2013 to: Scholarships, Internships and Prizes, Attention Andrew Yip, Art Gallery of NSW, Art Gallery Road, The Domain, Sydney NSW 2000. Or deliver in person to reception at the Art Gallery of NSW by 5pm 30 August 2013 addressed as above. Applications postmarked 30 August 2013 will also be accepted given they arrive within seven (7) days from the closing date.
- The winner will be notified in September 2013.
- The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.