Elioth Gruner Prize
Entries close 31 August 2014
The Art Gallery of NSW awards an annual prize of $1000 for excellence in the study of a landscape in oils. The applicant must be an art student who has lived in New South Wales for at least five years before entering the competition.
Applicants must submit two landscapes, painted in oils, along with the completed application form, including a statutory declaration. Applicants are asked at first instance to send images of their entries in PowerPoint format. Shortlisted applicants will then be required to submit original works to the Gallery for final judging.
The prize is for an amount of $1000 awarded for the best study of a landscape in oils.
1. The scholarship is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts or an equivalent studio degree.
2. Applicants must have lived in New South Wales for at least five years prior to applying for the prize.
3. Applicants must submit two JPEG images of recent work. The images must be formatted into a PowerPoint presentation and burnt to a CD. Please format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size).
Please make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. It is not compulsory to use this template. It is only a guide. Please save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2014’
4. Shortlisted applicants are required to deliver the original paintings to the Gallery for final judging. Applicants are required to deliver and collect works at their own cost.
5. All applicants must complete the application form and include a current CV, as well as a statutory declaration that the work is their own and that they have lived in NSW for five years prior to applying for the prize.
How to apply
Please post your completed application form, CD, statutory declaration and current CV by 5pm Sunday 31 August 2014 to:
Scholarships, Internships and Prizes
Attn: Andrew Yip
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road, The Domain Sydney NSW 2000
Or deliver in person to reception at the Art Gallery of NSW by 5pm 31 August 2014 addressed as above. Applications post-marked 31 August 2014 will also be accepted given they arrive within seven days from the closing date.
Download application form (PDF 126.4 KB)
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
Download statutory declaration (PDF 25.6 KB)
1. The winner will be notified in September 2014.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.