(Netherlands 1620 – )
Man caressing woman with lantern
- Other titles:
- A woman with a lantern, caressed by a man
- Not on display
- oil on wood
- 45.8 x 35.8 cm panel; 67.0 x 57.0 x 8.5 cm frame
- Signature & date
- Signed vertically l.l., "...(illeg.) 1651" in monogram.
- Gift of Lady Binning 1911
- Accession number
- Lady Binning, 1909-24 Feb 1911, England, Gift of Lady Binning 1911
George Salting, pre 1909, London/England, by descent from George Salting to his niece Katherine Augusta Milicent Salting (only child of George Salting's brother William Severin Salting) who married George Baillie-Hamilton, Lord Binning (1856-1917). Perhaps the work listed as 'Portrait of a man with a book' in this collection ?