(Australia 31 Oct 1945 – 26 Oct 2003)
Life study I
- Not on display
- Further information
Arthur McIntyre studied at the National Art School and Alexander Mackie College from 1963-66, and art history at the University of Sydney 1971-73. He exhibited his work from 1970, until his death in 2003, and was the subject of a major publication and two-part exhibition, Arthur McIntyre: Bad blood 1960-2000 (Hazelhurst and Macquarie University) in 2010.
As well as a practicing artist, he wrote major books on contemporary Australian drawing and Australian collage, and taught and lectured on art in various NSW high schools, technical colleges and tertiary institutions. He participated in numerous residencies in France between 1975 and the early 1990s, and curated a number of exhibitions on drawing and collage at Holdsworth Galleries.
- Place of origin
New South Wales,
- Collage, Drawing
- pencil, collage, acrylic on thin white card (page from medical journal)
- 33.5 x 21.6 cm sheet (irreg.)
- Signature & date
- Signed and dated l.l., black ball-point pen "A Mc ‘86". Signed and dated top c. verso, black ball-point pen "Arthur McIntyre 1985".
- Gift of Daniel Mudie Cunningham, donated through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program 2012
- Accession number
- © Estate of Arthur McIntyre