(Austria 17 May 1940 – )
- Contemporary project space
- Further information
'Touch cinema' is a document of Valie Export's famous street performance, in which the public was invited to touch her inside a curtained box attached to the artist's upper torso. The work is a witty and confrontational comment on the objectification of women's bodies.
(Electronic Arts Intermix website http://www.eai.org access 7/9/11)
- Time-based media, DVD, Video
- video, black and white, sound, 01:08 min
- Mervyn Horton Bequest Fund 2007
- Accession number
- © Valie Export. Courtesy Electronic Arts Intermix (EAI), New York.