(China 1772 – 1846)
- Not on display
- Further information
Zhang Peidun was born in Wu County (today's Jiangsu province), learnt painting from Zhai Dakun, was good at connoisseurship, calligraphy and painting. Zhang Peidun's painting was influenced by Shen zhou and Chen Daofu, his calligraphy style followed that of Wen Zhengming.
[Dictionary of the Chinese artists]
- Place of origin
- China: Qing dynasty 1644–1911, Daoguang 1821–1850
- hanging scroll; ink and colour on silk
- 82.5 x 44.0 cm image; 174.5 x 70.5 cm scroll
- Signature & date
- Signed and dated., u.l.corner., in Chinese, inscribed in black ink "…in the autumn of the Jiachen (1844), Yanqiao, Dun." Signed, u.l.corner, in Chinese, stamped in red ink, "Yanqiao [artist's seal]".
- Gift of Mr F. Storch 1993
- Accession number