(Australia, England 23 Jan 1927 – 22 Apr 1982)
Tree pruning, from the album Volume 2
- Not on display
- Further information
Fred Williams was a major painter and draughtsman of the Australian landscape, and the most significant and influential Australian printmaker of the latter half of last century. His work has been the subject of a number of important exhibitions and publications in the past few years; most recently, his prints were shown in a solo exhibition at the British Museum in 2003.
© Australian Art Department, Art Gallery of New South Wales, 2005
- Print, Book
- etching, drypoint, black ink on Kent paper
- 11.1 x 18.8 cm platemark; 14.3 x 22.2 cm sheet; 28.0 x 42.5 x 3.2 cm book closed
- Signature & date
- Signed l.r., pencil "Fred Williams". Not dated.
- Gift of Gwen Frolich 2004
- Accession number
- © Estate of Fred Williams