(Romania, Australia 30 Oct 1955 – )
Seria Unu I
- Not on display
- Further information
Aida Tomescu worked on the four plates that form this suite at the same time, allowing her gestures to flow freely between them, thus uniting them as a whole.
"Overall the work evolved as a chain of experiences which opened up a space where structure and form grew out of the making of it. Although the drawing on each etching plate was self-contained there is an implicit serial relationship to the work. The layering that happened within each work opened the potential for the next. My concern was with the resonance within the spaces and with the openings of light. It was the stillness that opened up intriguing possibilities".
Australian Art Department, AGNSW, 2000
- lift ground aquatint, drypoint on steel, black ink on white Velin Arches 300 gsm paper
- 120.9 x 79.9 cm sheet; 142.0 x 101.0 x 3.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
- Signed and dated l.l., "AT 1993".
- Contemporary Collection Benefactors 1993
- Accession number
- © Aida Tomescu. Licensed by Viscopy, Sydney