(Australia 17 Mar 1895 – 02 Dec 1988)
The city skyline
- Other titles:
- City skyline, early morning, City Skyline, The City Skyline, Early Morning, Sydney Skyline
- Not on display
- Further information
'City skyline' and 'Sydney Harbour' were made at the end of a period that Rees had devoted almost exclusively to drawing. 'City skyline' was painted from the veranda of Rees' home in Northwood, on Sydney's North Shore, where the family had moved the previous year. 'Sydney Harbour' could almost be read as a panoramic continuation of 'City skyline' and was most likely painted at nearby Northwood Bay.
- Place of origin
New South Wales,
- oil on canvas on cardboard
- 23.7 x 52.0 cm board; 31.3 x 60.0 x 3.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
- Signed and dated l.r. corner, red/brown oil "L. REES/ 35".
- Purchased 1997
- Accession number
- © A & J Rees. Licensed by Viscopy, Sydney