(Italy 17 Oct 1697 – 10 Apr 1768)
La torre di Malghera
- Temporary exhibitions gallery
- Further information
The tower of Malghera (now Marghera) was raised as a fortification by the Venetians in the 15th century. It is seen in brilliant light against the sky. At the edge of the lagoon a pair of fishermen dig for eels while a fishing boat glides over the ruffled water.
- 29.6 x 42.8 cm platemark (irreg.); 29.9 x 43.2 cm sheet (irreg.)
- Signature & date
- Signed l.l., [incised plate] "A Canal...". Not dated.
- Sir Philip Street Bequest 1939
- Accession number