Booking your visit
1. We suggest you plan your day strategically to maximise your time at the Gallery. Consider your desired outcomes and which combination of booked services, experiences and resources can best achieve them. If you need more information or advice, contact us to discuss your needs.
2. A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required for all group booking.
3. Fill in the booking request form. All bookings will only be accepted in writing via email and we do not make tentative bookings.
4. Once your booking has been finalised, you should receive a confirmation by email within 2 working days (longer during the peak period, February–May). You will then receive an invoice for any program and exhibition entry fees and confirmation by email.
Once you have a confirmed booking
1. Cancellations and changes must be received by email at least 2 working days prior to the scheduled booking. Cancellations and changes received after this time carry full liability for payment.
2. Exhibition entry fees – education groups visiting the Gallery are entitled to a discounted exhibition entry fee of $7 per student, or a special rate of $5 for the Tang exhibition.
To receive this concession rate, you must:
- book at least 2 week in advance for group bookings
- be admitted as one group with all students present
- pay in one lump sum to the Learning & Participation Office in advance
Accompanying teachers/lecturers are admitted free, according to the following student : teacher ratio.
How to pay
Westpac Banking Corp, BSB 032001, Account no 101096
Quote your invoice number
Mastercard, Visa or American Express
Tel: 02 9225 1740
Make cheques payable to ‘Art Gallery of New South Wales’ and send to:
Learning & Participation Office
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road, Sydney NSW 2000
Student : teacher ratios
These student : teacher ratios for group visits are strongly advised, to maximise the education outcomes and experiences of the Gallery for each education group and the wider general public.
Years K-6, pre-schools and home schoolers
Serviced 8:1 / Self-guided 10:1
Serviced and self-guided 15:1
Serviced 20:1 / Self-guided 60:1