If you’re a tertiary student and have something to say about the Gallery’s collection, this is your chance to put pen to paper and give your writing an audience.
Contempo is currently accepting submissions up to 500 words about any aspect of the Art Gallery of NSW collection.
Judged by Deborah Edwards, senior curator of Australian art at the Gallery, the winning entry will be published online here on the website and in the Art Gallery Society’s Look magazine to an audience of 35,000 members. The winner will also receive a 12-month Contempo membership to keep in touch with the Gallery all year long.
All proceeds from this competition, like other Contempo events and activities, go directly towards helping fund the acquisition of new works of contemporary art for the Art Gallery of New South Wales collection.
Entry fee is $25 for the first submission and $20 for any subsequent submission (up to three).
How to enter
Online and email
Pre-pay your entry free online then email the following to email@example.com
- Receipt number from your online payment
- Name, mail address and contact phone numbers
- Tertiary student number
- Title of your submission
- Word count of your submission
- Your writing
Or by mail or in person
Download, complete and return the entry form, together with your writing and the entry fee to:
Art Gallery Society of NSW
c/o Contempo Coordinator
Lower Level 3, Art Gallery Road
The Domain, Sydney 2000
Download form for mail or in person (PDF 129.3 KB)
Entries must be received by 5pm Monday 19 August 2013.
Terms and conditions
- You must be a student currently enrolled in a tertiary institution and be able to supply a current student number to enter.
- Each entrant can submit up to three pieces of work. General entry fee is $25 for the first submission and $20 for any subsequent submissions. Entry fees can be paid via credit card or cheque (made payable to Art Gallery Society of New South Wales) or in cash in person at members lounge, lower level 3, Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- Only one work will be selected as the winner and the decision of the competition judge is final.
- Only the winner will be notified via phone and email. No discussion will be entered into regarding any submissions.
- The winning selection will be published in Look magazine and online at a date to be determined. Entries may be edited for length and clarity at the discretion of Look editor in consultation with the winning entrant.
- The Art Gallery Society of New South Wales reserves the right not to award a winning entry.
- Entering online indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Contempo proudly sponsored by