With splendid old galleries, light-filled contemporary spaces and spectacular views to Sydney Harbour and beyond, the Art Gallery of New South Wales offers a stunning setting for your function.
Whether a breakfast, dinner, cocktail party, conference or launch, we have a range of function areas and facilities available, both during and after normal Gallery opening hours.
We can provide state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment and award-winning catering, and can also arrange exhibition viewings and personal tours of the galleries.
Select an option below for details.
- Domain Theatre
- Centenary Auditorium
- Entrance court
- Cafe courtyard foyer
- 20th and 21st century Australian galleries
- Function space
- The Gallery is a non-smoking venue.
- Red wine is not permitted at cocktail functions, except in the restaurant function space.
- Wedding receptions are not permitted in the Gallery.
- Naked flame is not permitted in the Gallery.
- Dancing is only permitted in the restaurant function space.
- Only limited theming is permitted as all function spaces are themed with artworks.
As well as running our cafe and restaurant, award-winners Trippas White provide exclusive catering services at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
Executive chef John McFadden, in partnership with our venue management team, cater for events for all types, whether a seminar for 35, a sit-down dinner for 350 or a cocktail party for 1500.
The Gallery can provide audio-visual equipment including a lectern, microphones, staging and limited lighting. However, when it is required, a Gallery technician must be in attendance for the duration of the function, including set up and bump out. Depending on the amount of equipment and the time available to set it up, additional technicians may be required.
If needed, tables and seating will be provided by the Gallery.
Add to the experience
You can enhance your guests’ experience with a tour of an exhibition or Gallery highlights, conducted by one of our volunteer guides.
The Gallery Shop offers the most comprehensive range of art books in Australia as well as a wide range of souvenirs, posters, cards and giftware. Exhibition catalogues, produced for most temporary exhibitions, make excellent mementos.
- Visiting with special needs, including physical access and mobility
- What’s on: exhibitions and events
Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions are included in the Venue Hire Agreement.
Download venue hire agreement (PDF 35.0 KB)