Elioth Gruner Prize
Applications close Sunday 28 October 2018
The Art Gallery of New South Wales awards an annual prize of $1000 for excellence in the study of a landscape in oils. The applicant must be an art student who has lived in New South Wales for at least five years before entering the competition.
Applicants must submit images of two landscapes painted in oils, no larger than 100 × 150 cm. Shortlisted applicants will then be required to submit original works to the Gallery for final judging.
The scholarship is open to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts or an equivalent studio degree.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident who has lived in New South Wales for at least five years prior to applying for the prize.
How to apply
Complete the online application form by 5pm, Sunday 28 October 2018.
1. Applicants must submit two JPEG images of recent landscapes painted in oils formatted into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centered on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size).
- Make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference. Save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2018’.
Download PowerPoint template (POT 102.5 KB)
2. All applicants must include a current CV.
3. Shortlisted applicants are required to deliver the original paintings to the Gallery for final judging. Applicants are required to deliver and collect works at their own cost.
1. The winner will be notified in early December 2018.
2. The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
3. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.