(Australia circa 1926 – 16 Aug 1998)
- Walungurru (Kintore), Western Desert region
- Language group
- Pintupi, Western Desert region
Untitled (Dingo dreaming at Nyunmanu)
- Not on display
- Further information
This painting depicts designs associated with the dingo dreaming at the soakage water site of Nyunmanu, south east of Kintore community.
A mother dingo left her pups to go hunting. While she was gone the pups set about digging holes to escape the heat. At some stage a large group of ceremonial men passed this way and on seeing the pups grabbed them and carried them away far to the north. On her return the mother dingo cried and cried.
Australian Art Department, AGNSW, 1999
- Place of origin
- synthetic polymer paint on linen canvas
- 120.9 x 152.0 x 2.9 cm stretcher
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Purchased 1999
- Accession number
- © Estate of Mick Namarari Tjapaltjarri. Licensed by Aboriginal Artists Agency Ltd