(Australia circa 1920 – 1989)
- Papunya, Western Destert region
- Language group
- Anmatyerr, Central Desert region, Warlpiri, Central Desert region, Arrernte, Central Desert region
Untitled (Kangaroo ceremony)
- Not on display
- Further information
Given the use of ceremonial references in some of the forms included in this painting, ongoing community consultation will be required to determine the display requirements, and potentially restrictions, for the work. When the work was displayed at the National Gallery of Victoria in 2011 it was in a separate room to ensure women, particularly those from western and central desert communities, did not inadvertently see the work.
- Place of origin
- synthetic polymer paint on composition board
- 122.0 x 91.5 cm; 123.9 x 93.4 x 4.5cm perspex box
- Signature & date
Signed u.r.corner, [paint] 'Kopaa'. Not dated.
- Gift in memory of Janet and Norma Robertson 2018. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Accession number
- © Estate of Kaapa Tjampitjinpa