The bathing cowherds (gopis) implore Krishna to return their clothes (Cira Harana lila) from a dispersed manuscript of the Bhagavata Purana
- Other titles:
- Cira Harana lila from a dispersed manuscirpt of the Bhagavata Purana, The bathing cowherds (gopis) implore Krishna to return their clothes, Illustration from the Bhagavata Purana (Krishna fluting; gopis bathing)
- Not on display
- Place of origin
- Cultural origin
- circa 1650
- Miniature, Painting, Watercolour
- opaque watercolour on paper
- 30.3 x 21.0 cm
- Gift of Dr Nigel and Mrs Norma Hawkins 2010. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Accession number
- Christie's London, 24 Apr 1980, London/England, Important Islamic and Indian manuscripts and miniatures, lot no.169.
Dr Nigel and Mrs Norma Hawkins, 24 Apr 1980-Feb 2010, Toronto/Ontario/Canada, moved to France early 1990s, moved to Australia late 1990s. Gift to the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, Feb 2010.