(Australia 1978 – )
- Sydney, South-east region
- Language group
- Wiradjuri, Southern Riverine region, Kamilaroi, Northern Riverine region
barrangal dyara (skin and bones)
- Not on display
- Further information
The Wiradjuri, Kamilaroi artist Jonathan Jones, works across a range of mediums, from printmaking and drawing to sculpture and film. He creates site-specific installations and interventions into space that use light, subtle shadow and the repetition of shape and materiality to explore Indigenous practices, relationships and ideas. Jones often works with everyday materials to explore relationships between community and the individual, the personal and public, historical and contemporary.
At the heart of Jones’ practice is the act of collaborating, and many projects have seen him work in conjunction with other artists and communities to develop outcomes that acknowledge local knowledge systems to connect particular sites with local concerns.
- Place of origin
New South Wales,
- Cultural origin
- Wiradjuri, Southern Riverine region/Kamilaroi, Northern Riverine region
- gypsum, audio
- installation dimension variable, approximately 4,000 shields
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Gift of John Kaldor and the artist 2017. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Accession number
- © Jonathan Jones