(Australia 09 Jan 1887 – 11 Oct 1949)
The old mill, Mt. Gilead, N.S.W.
- Not on display
- Further information
"Built by Thomas Rose in 1836 from sandstone quarried on the property and ironbark timber also from the property. It was 60 feet high and reputed to have contained the finest millstones in the colony. Remained in active operation until about 1877."
Hal Missingham, 'The etchings of Sydney Ure Smith', Ure Smith Pty. Limited, Sydney, 1950
- etching, printed in brown ink with pale plate tone on paper
- 17.6 x 15.6 cm platemark; 23.0 x 21.5 cm sheet (irreg.)
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. corner, pencil "Sydney Ure Smith/ Dec 1915".
Signed in plate to print l.l. corner, incised "S. Ure S.".
- Purchased 1916
- Accession number