(Australia 1948 – )
- Walungurru (Kintore), Western Desert region
- Language group
- Pintupi, Western Desert region
- Not on display
- Further information
Josephine Napurrula was born near a rockhole site where the Tjukurla community was later established. She walked to Ikuntji (Haasts Bluff) with a large group of people as a young girl. Napurrula moved between Haasts Bluff and Papunya with her family before later settling in Walungurru (Kintore). She has been painting consistently for Papunya Tula Artists for the last decade.
- Place of origin
- Cultural origin
- synthetic polymer paint on linen
- 123.7 x 92.5 cm frame
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Gift of Ray Wilson 2014. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Accession number
- © Josephine Napurrula. Licensed by Aboriginal Artists Agency Ltd