(Australia 1934 – )
- 20th & 21st c Australian art
- Further information
Over the last two decades, Elisabeth Cummings has produced an extraordinary body of prints of great authority and power. Much of this activity is due to her collaboration with Cicada Press (UNSW Art and Design, Sydney), who proof and edition her plates. Many of the prints relate to her paintings, while others extend the artist’s already sophisticated grasp of her favoured mediums (predominantly etching, but also monotype and lithography) in original compositions.
- etching, soft ground, aquatint, printed in brown/black ink on cream wove paper
- 33.3 x 50.3 cm platemark; 48.5 x 63.3 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Signed, dated l.r., pencil "Cummings ’10".
- Gift of the artist 2015. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Accession number
- © Elisabeth Cummings. Licensed by Copyright Agency