(Papua New Guinea – )
peng koem (ceremonial wig)
- Other titles:
- Ceremonial hat, Judge's wig, Peng koklnga
- Not on display
- Place of origin
Western Highlands Province,
Papua New Guinea
- Cultural origin
- Melpa people
- mid 20th century
- Ceremonial object, Botanical material
- bark on cane frame, human hair, tree rosin, plant fibre, green beetles, yellow, red and blue trade store colours, white natural pigment, copper wire, bird feathers
- 39.0 x 40.0 x 53.0 cm (approx.)
0 - Whole, 39 cm (15 3/8"), approx.
0 - Whole, 40 cm (15 3/4"), approx.
0 - Whole, 53 cm (20 7/8"), approx.
- Gift of Stan Moriarty 1977
- Accession number