(Australia 01 Jan 1944 – 16 Feb 2010)
- Patjarr (Karilwarra), Southern Desert region
- Language group
- Ngaanyatjarra, Southern Desert region
- Not on display
- Further information
The Kayili Artists documentation for the work states:
Marrapinti rockhole lies to the south of Kiwirrkura in flat country where there are no tali (sandhills). 'Marapinti Tjukurrpa' is a story about many Tingari kungas (young women) of all skin groups who travelled and camped together between rockholes. They travelled without any men. They went to Milmilpa and Yaka Yaka east of Malpurri where they finished up and went underground. This country belongs to Giles' mother and father.
© Australian Art Department, Art Gallery of New South Wales, 2006
- Place of origin
- synthetic polymer paint on canvas
- 101.6 x 152.4 cm stretcher
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Mollie Gowing Acquisition Fund for Contemporary Aboriginal Art 2006
- Accession number
- © Estate of Jackie Kurltjunyhintja Giles Tjapaltjarri. Courtesy of Kayili artists. Licensed by Copyright Agency.