The month of Bhadra
- Other titles:
- Lovers in a storm, A prince and his mistress in a storm, Lovers, storm, lotus blossom
- Not on display
- Further information
The title of the work is given on an inscription verso which translates as "Bhadra 8". Bhadra (August/September) is the eighth month in the twelve month calendar known as the Barahamasa, and this painting is an illustration of that month which is the month of rains. This painting belongs to a manuscript of twelve paintings, each illustrating a different month. The month of Agahana from this same set is published in V P Dwivedi "Barahmasa. The song of seasons in literature and art", c1980, plate 112-113.
- Place of origin
- India: Rajput circa 1500–1947
- late 18th century
- Miniature, Painting, Watercolour
- opaque watercolour with gold on paper
- 16.0 cm x 25.1 cm image; 22.4 cm x 31.4 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Purchased 1969
- Accession number