Collection Circle acquisition program
Help build the Gallery’s collection
It is through the generosity of our members that we are able to help buy art for the Gallery’s collection. Despite being a public gallery, we receive no government funding for acquisitions and have not done so for two decades. The funds raised from members fees and events go towards purchasing artworks.
What is the Collection Circle?
To supplement these funds, we’ve created an acquisition program for members from any membership category who, in addition to their membership fee, wish to make a tax-deductible donation specifically directed towards the acquisition of artworks for the Gallery.
How the Collection Circle helps
In recent years, Collection Circle contributors have donated towards or bought outright several major works:
- Paul Cézanne’s Bords de la Marne
- Jeffrey Smart’s Matisse at Ashford
- Tim Storrier’s Boys own modern
- Arthur Boyd’s Nude carrying a ram
- a Nepalese sculpture of Padmapani or The Luminous Lord of Infinite Compassion
- Emanuel Phillips Fox’s Nasturtiums
- Ed Ruscha’s Gospel
- Giovanni Battista Moroni’s Portrait of a young man
- Ah Xian’s Evolutionaura13: Taihu rock-1
Contribute to the Collection Circle
You can play an important role in the Gallery’s growth, by contributing to the Collection Circle, with a tax-deductible donation in addition to your annual membership fee.
Download Collection Circle donation form (PDF 164.7 KB)
Collection Circle events
We’d like to say thank you. As a contributor to the Collection Circle you’ll be invited to exclusive unveilings of new acquisitions at the Gallery.