Australian Classics Music CD : The Masterpieces Collection
ABC Classics with the Art Gallery of NSW | ISBN 0602557615432
Part of the The Masterpieces Collection series.
New music in an ancient land: Australian composers paint in sound their visions of the past, present and future of their country.
Music by Percy Grainger, Peggy Glanville-Hicks, Peter Sculthorpe, Nigel Westlake, Elena Kats-Chernin and more.
Art by Tom Roberts and Brett Whiteley.
Timeless art and great music: ABC Classics and the Art Gallery of New South Wales present a new collection of albums bringing together culture from through the ages. From nineteenth-century visions of grandeur in Epic Classics to the sacred tradition in Divine Classics, and from Australia’s own artistic heritage to the world of the Modernists, these albums provide rich insights by bringing art and music together.
Previous collaborations between ABC and AGNSW include music audio-guides for the blockbuster exhibitions The Greats, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and Nude: art from the Tate collection with the acclaimed Nude Live performances in collaboration with the Sydney Dance Company and the Sydney Festival.
1. ISAAC NATHAN Don John of Austria: Overture
2. MIRIAM HYDE Piano Concerto No. 2 in C-sharp minor: II. Andante tranquillo
3. PERCY GRAINGER Dreamery
4. PEGGY GLANVILLE-HICKS Gymnopédie No. 1
5. NIGEL BUTTERLEY Meditations of Thomas Traherne: Meditation No. 2
6. RICHARD MEALE Viridian: First movement
7. COLIN BRUMBY Scena for cor anglais and strings
8. PETER SCULTHORPE Djilile
9. NIGEL WESTLAKE Antarctica – Suite for guitar and orchestra: III. Penguin Ballet
10. CARL VINE Piano Concerto No. 1: Second movement
11. ROSS EDWARDS Veni Creator Spiritus: II. Ritmico
12. ELENA KATS-CHERNIN Wild Swans Concert Suite: II. Eliza Aria
13. GERARD BROPHY Mantra I
14. GRAEME KOEHNE The Voyage from Gallipoli Symphony