Contemporary Collection Benefactors
The Contemporary Collection Benefactors supports the acquisition of contemporary Australian art for the Gallery’s collection.
Funds raised by CCB have resulted in more than 150 new works for the collection since the group was established in 1993, including work by noted contemporary practitioners such as Brook Andrew, Mikala Dwyer, Shaun Gladwell, Bill Henson, Fiona Hall, Callum Morton and Ricky Swallow and major collection items such as James Angus’s Bugatti type 35 2006, Hossein Valamanesh’s Middle path 2008, Kathy Temin’s My monument: black garden 2010-11 and, in conjunction with the Art Gallery Society of NSW’s Contempo Group, Janet Laurence’s The memory of nature 2010.
Membership of CCB is a great way of meeting other art enthusiasts and becoming more involved with the contemporary art scene via a program of exclusive events that furthers understanding and experiences of contemporary art.
Give your support
Two levels of CCB membership are available:
- entry level is $1250 per year
- Foundation level is $7200 over four years
All CCB members are offered a program of events that include:
- contemporary exhibition tours and lectures at the Gallery by curators and artists
- tours of private and corporate collections and visits to artists’ studios
- organised tours to national and international art events
- invitations to our annual fundraising event and summer party
In addition to the above, members at Foundation level are offered:
- invitations to at least four private viewings of major exhibitions at the Gallery
- invitations to most Art Gallery of NSW official openings
- acknowledgement on the honour board
- Foundation newsletter
Contact the Foundation for more information – or join and pay now, either online or download a form (right)