Robert Le Gay Brereton Memorial Prize
Applications now open
Closing date for applications Friday 30 August 2013
The Art Gallery of NSW awards an annual annual prize of $800 to an art student exhibiting skill and promise in the area of draughtsmanship.
Applicants are required to submit:
- two life figure drawings, one of each sex
- one study of hands and feet
- one or two studies of a head
- one, or not more than two, sketchbooks or portfolios containing any subjects
Applicants are asked at first instance to send images of their entries in PowerPoint format. Shortlisted applicants will then be required to submit original works to the Gallery for final judging.
The prize is for an amount of $800 awarded to an art student exhibiting skill and promise in the area of draughtsmanship.
- The prize is open to Australian students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in fine or visual arts or an equivalent studio degree.
- Applicants must submit JPEG images of the following: two (2) life figure drawings, one of each sex; one (1) study of hands and feet; one (1) or two (2) studies of a head; up to twelve (12) images of sketchbook or portfolio pages containing any subjects.
- The images must be formatted into a PowerPoint presentation and burnt to a CD. Please format as a landscape presentation, with each slide featuring one image, centred on a white background with the caption underneath (title, date, medium and size). Please make the first slide your name only. A downloadable PowerPoint template is available for your reference on the website. It is not compulsory to use this template. It is only a guide. Please save your presentation in the following format: ‘SURNAME_Firstname_2013’
- Shortlisted applicants are required to deliver the original drawings as well as one (1) or two (2) sketchbooks or portfolios to the Gallery for final judging. Applicants are required to deliver and collect works at their own cost.
- All applicants must complete the application form and include a current CV, as well as a statutory declaration that the work is their own. Please post your completed application form, CD, statutory declaration and current CV by 5pm Friday 30 August 2013 to: Scholarships, Internships and Prizes, Attention Andrew Yip, Art Gallery of NSW, Art Gallery Road, The Domain, Sydney NSW 2000. Or deliver in person to reception at the Art Gallery of NSW by 5pm 30 August 2013 addressed as above. Applications postmarked 30 August 2013 will also be accepted given they arrive within seven (7) days from the closing date.
- The winner will be notified in October 2013.
- The scholarship is judged by Gallery staff.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.