(Australia 17 Mar 1895 – 02 Dec 1988)
- Art Gallery Society (members lounge)
- Further information
'City skyline' and 'Sydney Harbour' were made at the end of a period that Rees had devoted almost exclusively to drawing. 'City skyline' was painted from the veranda of Rees' home in Northwood, on Sydney's North Shore, where the family had moved the previous year. 'Sydney Harbour' could almost be read as a panoramic continuation of 'City skyline' and was most likely painted at nearby Northwood Bay.
- Place of origin
New South Wales,
- oil on canvas on cardboard
- 22.1 x 56.7 cm board; 30.0 x 58.2 x 4.5 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.l. corner, black oil "L.REES/ 36".
- Transferred from the New South Wales State Government mid 1970s
- Accession number
- © A & J Rees. Licensed by Viscopy, Sydney