(Australia, England, France 29 Apr 1875 – 28 May 1963)
Sydney Heads (2)
- Other titles:
- Sydney Heads
- 20th & 21st c Australian art
- Further information
Preston printed only the structural design of this image in black ink from a carved block, then applied the colour by hand to the resulting print, with gouache. This is one of relatively few landscape images made by her and of an even smaller number that celebrate the seductive colour and natural beauty of the harbour.
- woodcut, printed in black ink, hand coloured with gouache on thin ivory laid tissue
- 25.1 x 18.1 cm blockmark; 34.4 x 24.3 cm sheet (irreg.)
- Signature & date
- Signed in block to print l.l., incised "PM". Signed l.r. beneath blockmark, pencil "Margaret Preston". Dated l.l. beneath blockmark, pencil "... 25".
- Gift of Mrs Alison Brown 1968
- Accession number
- © Margaret Rose Preston Estate. Licensed by Viscopy, Sydney