Win the ultimate Sydney experience
Congratulations to the prizewinner, Rowena Mabbott from NSW
Visitors to the exhibition Sydney moderns: art for a new world had the chance to win a special Sydney experience for two.
The prize package, valued at $1400, includes:
- luxury accommodation at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
- dinner at 360 Bar and Dining
- tickets for BridgeClimb Sydney
- Sydney Living Museums City of shadows exhibition prize pack
- one-year joint membership for the Art Gallery Society of NSW
To enter, simply complete the form on one of the computers located at the end of the exhibition. (Entry is not available online.)
The competition opens 6pm, 5 July 2013 and closes 5pm, 7 October 2013. The winner will be announced 18 October 2013. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participants may enter by entering their details onto computer terminals at the exit of the Sydney moderns exhibition. Eligible participants will be required to provide their name and email address to complete their entry. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
2. The promoter is the Art Gallery of New South Wales, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, tel (02) 9225 1700.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Limit one entry per person. Entrants must provide one valid, unique email address.
4. The promotion opens at 6pm AEST on Friday 5 July 2013 and ends at 5pm AEST on Monday 7 October 2013.
5. The draw for the winner will take place on Wednesday 9 October 2013 at 10am AEST at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
6. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
8. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
9. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
10. Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
12. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via email within two weeks of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after three months, an alternate winner will be drawn. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on Wednesday 8 January 2014 at 10am AEST at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
13. It is a condition of entry that winners agree to the publication of their name and state on the site www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au which will occur within two weeks of the prize draw.
14. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. Prize is as follows:
- one night’s accommodation in a standard room at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth
- two tickets for BridgeClimb Sydney
- dinner for two at 360 Bar and Dining (valued at $300)
- Sydney Living Museums City of shadows exhibition prize pack
- one-year joint annual membership for the Art Gallery Society of NSW
Total prize is value at $1400.
The following terms and conditions apply only to the BridgeClimb Sydney component of the prize package. Other terms and conditions will apply to the conduct of the competition and other parts of the prize package.
(a) The prize will be issued in the form of a BridgeClimb prize letter. The prize letter is valid for 12 months from the draw date. The recipient of the prize letter can experience the Bridge Climb, the Discovery Climb, the Express Climb or the Mandarin Climb on a Day or Night Climb only (ie not a Dawn Climb or Twilight Climb, and the Mandarin Climb is only available on a Day Climb), Monday to Sunday, between 18 October 2013 and 18 October 2014, outside exclusion periods.
(b) To participate in the Bridge Climb, the Discovery Climb, the Express Climb or the Mandarin Climb, the prize letter recipient ('climber’) must meet BridgeClimb’s standard health and safety conditions, available at http://www.bridgeclimb.com/theClimb/safety. Climbers will need to take into account any medical conditions they may have that may impact on their ability to climb vertical ladders and steep slopes safely.
(c) Climbers must be over 10 years of age and be physically fit. All 10 to 15 year-old climbers must be accompanied by a paying adult climber (or may use an adult gift certificate or prize letter).
(d) The level of exertion and exhilaration is dependent on the climb experience chosen by the climber. The experience is between 2¼ and 3½ hours depending on the climb chosen and potentially exposes participants to all weather conditions.
(e) All Climbers will be breathtested and must register a blood alcohol content reading of less than 0.05%. Climbers who fail this test will not be permitted to climb and entrants will not be offered an alternate prize.
(f) Climbers must complete a declaration form and satisfy BridgeClimb’s terms of trade. These are available at: http://www.bridgeclimb.com/theClimb/safety and http://www.bridgeclimb.com/Terms-of-Trade/.
(g) No other expenses will be paid by BridgeClimb.
(h) This is not a full list of conditions to experience the Bridge Climb, the Discovery Climb, the Express Climb or the Mandarin Climb. It is the entrant’s responsibility to access all relevant information from BridgeClimb’s website on the page references provided above or from BridgeClimb on tel +61 2 8274 7777.
(i) The exclusion periods are between 15 December 2013 and 15 January 2014 inclusive. Prize cannot be varied or extended.
16. Prize is valid for six months from winning draw date. Accommodation and tickets are subject to availability and some blockout periods apply. A minimum of three weeks prior notice is required to arrange the prize. Transport to Sydney and meals are not included in the prize. The winner will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses to and within Sydney. No changes allowed once the prize has been booked.
17. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
18. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/04114